SINGAPORE – August 2018: Preferred Hotels & Resorts, the world’s largest independent hotel brand, is pleased to welcome 22 new member hotels, resorts, and residences to its curated collection of more than 700 distinctive properties around the world.From a 35-acre private island luxury resort in the Maldives and a new opening in Paristo the brand’s first-ever hotelsin Quebec City (Canada), Apulia (Italy), and Malaga (Spain),each of these new member properties, which joined between April and June 2018,cater to discerning travelers who seekextraordinary service and singular luxury travel experiences.
Highlights of the new additions include:
- JA Manafaru (Manafaru, Maldives) – Located on a 35-acre private island on the northern HaaAlif atoll of the Maldives, this luxury resort is the epitome of bucket list travel with its unparalleled accommodations ranging from beachfront bungalows to over-water villas with infinity pools. Surrounded by crystal clear blue waters and perfectly white sandy beaches, the resort’s exclusive locale is ideal for outdoor activities such as Maldivian fishing excursions, guided snorkeling safaris, diving expeditions, local cooking classes, sunrise beach yoga and diving sessions.With enough activities to build up an appetite, the resort offers a variety of local and international cuisine across seven restaurants, including ‘The Cellar’ – a unique underground stone cave stocked with hand-selected vintage wines.
- Discover #ThePreferredLife– Guests seeking complete isolation can arrange a visit to nearby Castaway Island, an uninhabited secluded isle owned by the resort, for private picnics and overnight stays in rustic island huts.
- Borneo Eagle Resort (Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia) – Nestled on the pristine island of PulauTiga, off the west coast of Sabah, Malaysia is a luxury boutique resort flanked by clear azure waters, a stretch of white sandy beach, and magnificent coral reefs. Thirteen spacious, well-appointed ocean-front villas offer discerning guests unparalleled views of the South China Sea. Dining at Borneo Eagle Resort abides by a farm-to-table philosophy where organic fish and vegetables from the resort owner’s farms on the mainland of Sabah are featured prominently on the international menu. The on-site spa offers pampering signature treatments that harness the healing qualities of the volcanic soil from the island.
- Discover #ThePreferredLife – Guests wishing to keep up their fitness routine will appreciate complimentary water sports activities like kayaking and snorkeling, as well as personal Yoga and Pilates classes, upon request.
- Mosaic Hotels(Mussoorie, India) –This boutique hotel is located on the picturesque hills at the foot of the GarhwalHimalayian range, and features 46 vibrantly decorated spacious rooms in thematic hues of blue and yellow. Guests can take advantage of the year-round cool weather and enjoy their sundowners with buffet-style dining at Charcoal, the hotel’s alfresco roof-top restaurant with breathtaking views of the valley below; or get closer to nature withan invigorating hike to Gun Hill Mussoorie to take in a sunrise or sunset view of the Himalayas.
- Discover #ThePreferredLife – The hotel offers bespoke cooking classes to guests who wish to learn the finer points of regional Indian cooking.
- Gokulam Grand Hotel & Spa (Bengaluru, India)– Gokulam Grand Hotel & Spa is a stylish urban oasis located in the heart of Bengaluru, known as India’s Garden City with its cool climate and sprawling tree-lined streets. The hotel offers 182 well-appointed rooms, a virtual art gallery, andthree diverse dining venues including a 1920s art-deco inspired pubthat opens up to a charming Bonsai garden.
- Discover #ThePreferredLife –Guests who wish to unwind after a long day in the city will appreciate the signature Ayurvedic therapies and treatments at the hotel’s award-winning Sohum Spa.
Additional member hotels to join Preferred Hotels & Resorts in the second quarter of 2018 include:
- Balboa Bay Resort – Newport Beach, California
- Beechwood Hotel – Worchester, Massachusetts
- Real Inn Monterrey – Monterrey, Mexico
- Smyth Hotel – New York, New York
- Hotel 71 – Quebec City, Canada
- Marigot Bay Resort & Marina – Marigot Bay, Saint Lucia
- 9Hotel Confidentiel – Paris, France
- Edgbaston Hotel & Conference Centre – Birmingham, United Kingdom
- Farris Bad – Larvik, Norway
- Grand Hotel San Pietro – Taormina, Italy
- Hotel Imperial – Karlovy Vary, Czech Republic
- Hotel VincciEstrella Del Mar – Marbella, Spain
- Hotel VincciSeleccion Posada del Patio – Malaga, Spain
- Kalidria Hotel &Thalasso SPA – Apulia, Italy
- Summum Prime Boutique Hotel – Palma de Mallorca, Spain
- Vivienda Al Hada Residences – Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Yasuragi – Stockholm, Sweden
Whether traveling for business or leisure, travelers can access exclusive member rates and earn reward points at many of these properties along with 650 others around the world through the Preferred Hotels & Resorts I Prefer Hotel Rewards program. Free to join, the program extends points redeemable towards free nights and other on-property expenditures, elite status, and other complimentary benefits to members. Bookings can be made online at PreferredHotels.com or on the I Prefer mobile app, available on Android and iOS.
For more information on these hotels or any of the properties represented within the Preferred Hotels & Resorts portfolio, please visit www.PreferredHotels.com.