Indian Automative Industry stands ahead of other industries and has given many reasons for every Indian to be proud. The Make in Indiacarsare well known in the country and across the world. The industry has made headlines due to the innovation and use of cutting-edge technology. Here are four of the most outstanding Indian innovations from the industry. These cars are an important part of India’s growth history and have played a significant role in the automotive industry.
Mahindra E20/ Maini Reva
Years before the tax benefits or introduction of electric cars, a small company in Bangalore called Reva Electric Car Company produced Mahindra Reva E20 which was a revolution for sure. It did not catch on in India but sold in more than appropriate numbers in the UK as G-Wiz. It hit production almost two decades ago in 2001 and is India’s first electric car for the masses.
Ratan Tata wanted to build a car for the people. He wanted affordability over anything else. The idea was to make a reasonable and safer alternative to the motorcycle.To the world, the idea of INR 1 lakh rupee car seemed improbable. He launched Tata Nano a few years later,and the car has developed a cult status. It is one of the most iconic vehicles in the world,and this car made it possible for millions of households to own their first four-wheeler.
Mahindra XUV Tech
Mahindra XUV has as much electronics by volume as the previous generation of 5-series from BMW. The SUV is for the masses and has a large number of variants under the mark of 20 lakh. It represents the capabilities of the Indian automotive industry and shows that the Indian market is ready for cutting-edge technology.
The first car produced in India was a Morris Oxford III. After Hindustan motors began with the production of the car, they called it the Ambassador. It went on to sell longer than any other car in the world,and you can buy one even today. Ambassador has been a part of India’s history and has played every role in the book. Their only downfall was keeping the original design in the private car market. The car has earned its place on the list despite the archaic styling.
Insure Your Vehicles
No matter how big a legend or famous your car model is, it will still need repairs. It pays to be prepared for such sudden expenses, which may arise without any fault of yours. Motor insurance is one such instrument which helps you prepare for such events.
The comprehensive car insurance will provide a cover for natural and humanmade calamities, accidents and third-party claims. It offers a cashless network at a wide range of garages in the country. It is essential to make a well-informed decision when buying an insurance policy. The decision should not be driven by the amount of premium payable. Consider purchasingcomprehensive vehicle insurance which will fit your requirements. With a hassle-free claim filing procedure,the insurance claim will be processed and approved at the earliest.
Benefits of Car Insurance
There are various benefits of buying car insurance,including:
- Benefits to the survivor when an accident results in death
- Coverage for the bills of vehicle repairs due to the damage to the vehicle in case of an accident
- Additionally, the policy also provides a cover for loss in the form of theft or due to a natural calamity as well as liabilities towards the third party caused due to an accident.
- Comprehensive vehicle insurance will ensure that the car remains secure every time. The policy offers coverage of INR 2 lakh for the individual driver while travelling; there is also an option to purchase personal accident covers for the co-passengers. Top insurance brands strive to provide comprehensive coverage and financial security to every car owner.
- You will get a host of other benefits including
- Cashless repair across a wide network of garages
- Loss assessment survey of the vehicle within few hours
- Free pick up and towing facility at selected garages
- Quality assurance on repairs for six months
- A claim reimbursement if the vehicle is serviced in a garage outside the network
Preparing for all kind of emergencies may not be possible for you in a day or a month. But with insurance, it is possible to prepare for the unpredictable and costly emergencies.